I turned 24 on Thursday and began thinking about my next milestone, the quarter century mark. Here are at least 25 things I plan to accomplish before August 6, 2010.
- 1. Assemble a writing portfolio
- 2. Reassemble a graphic design portfolio
- 3. Finish wedding photos – sort, coordinate with photographer, and get them posted online for friends/family
- 4. Design a new blog site myself, no more of this template stuff!
- 5. Run a race (I have not done this before because I know the outcome [slower than most] but I’ve always been curious)
- 6. Rejoin the WFSC (I miss you guys!)
- 7. Take a yoga class (I’ve done yoga before, but I want to ensure I have a proper understanding)
- 8. Take a dance class (I’ve taken many dance classes in my time but not in years and years – I miss it!)
- 9. Read Animal Farm
- 10. Finish writing my first book
- 11. Read something by Vonnegut
- 12. Buy a madeline tin and bake madelines
- 13. Bake brioche
- 14. Find a red wine I like
- 15. Roast coffee beans
- 16. Bake bagels
- 17. Bake pretzels
- 18. Deep fry something (for Tyler)
Experiences and Skills
- 19. Plant a vegetable garden
- 20. Go to a farmers’ market
- 21. Learn at least one new craft skill – knitting, quilting, etc.
- 22. Reupholster my office chair
- 23. Listen to chamber music at least once (what was once a staple in my life is now a rarity!)
>> 24. Cook pulled pork
>> 25. Cook ribs
These are a few things I want/need to get done in the next year. Many of them are new, and a few of them are things that have disappeared from my life that I want to reclaim. Wish me luck!