I wrote yesterday about the list of deep cleaning chores I had prepared in order to complete the Week 3 assignment for the Kitchen Cure. I am proud and somewhat surprised to report: THEY ARE FINISHED.
Kitchen Deep Cleaning
- Clean outside of mixer, toaster, knife block
- Clean coffee maker inside + out
- Clean microwave inside + out
- Wipe down exterior of refrigerator + stove/oven
- Wipe down exterior of kitchen trash can
- Clean burners and pans of stove
- Clean/degrease hood
- Move refrigerator and clean gross stuff off floor between refrigerator and stove
- Scrub down outside of kitchen cabinets (upper and lower)
- Scrub down kitchen walls
- Clean windows
- Deep clean floor – that means hands + knees scrubbing
- Remove floor mat and clean before replacing
I also had to add a few to the list, things I had forgotten:
- Clean outside of dishwasher
- Clean light switches and electrical outlet covers
I never would have made it to the end of the list without Tyler’s help. I finished everything except the walls, the floor, and the gross hidden spaces of the floor. I was exhausted and had to leave for my second job of the day. He had just woken up from a nap (he works those early morning shifts now) and swooped in, spending several icky hours scrubbing those forlorn places.
So, our kitchen is sparkling, making this yet another week I somehow managed to finish on time. There would have been no shame in breaking up the tasks into two days but I’m glad we are done!
I decided the new, clean kitchen deserved a treat, so after work I went out and bought one of those fancy-schmancy stainless steel lidded trashcans.